Local response to “Planning for the Future” White Paper
The Government’s Consultation on their White Paper “Planning For The Future” finished on the 29th October. As previously reported , the Steering Group issued a Questionnaire to residents and we received 100 plus responses, encouraging given the complexity of the matters involved. These have been analysed and you can view the results here.
The responses from Residents were very clear in their guidance:
- Residents considered the Planning System to be “broken.”
- Protection of Green Spaces is a priority.
- Design of homes needs to improve and be much better integrated with existing local character.
- Retain a strong local influence on design and development via Neighbourhood Plans .
- Ensure that new developments are environmentally friendly.
This information and the outputs of the Questionnaire will be shared and discussed with the Local MP in the hope that she will be able to take our case for continuing localism in planning to those with influence in Government.
Chair Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group