Caterham, Chaldon & Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan
Planning the future of our four parishes
- The ‘Submission Version’ of the Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan is now available to view (see below). All comments received so far have been reviewed and the Plan has been updated. The Plan will be submitted to Tandridge District Council who will consult on it again. You will have a chance to comment on the Plan – look out for this in the coming weeks…
- Church Walk Planning Application (2019/145) is now available for public comment. To view the Planning Application Click here
About the Neighbourhood Plan?
The Neighbourhood Plan is an important document that will be used to determine planning applications within Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe (view map). It will be formally examined and subject to a local referendum, which, if successful means that it will sit alongside the Tandridge Local Plan offering detail relevant to our area.
The Plan has been developed over many years by a Steering Group comprising volunteers from the four Parish and Village Councils (Caterham Hill, Caterham Valley, Chaldon and Whyteleafe). We have worked hard to hear the views of local residents and businesses.
Importantly, the Neighbourhood Plan provides a tool for us to protect the special character and green spaces that we have. It will also enable us to receive 25% of developer contributions (Community Infrastructure Levy) coming from development in our area. This money can be put towards community projects.
We are about to publish the ‘Submission Version’ of the Neighbourhood Plan. This will be delivered to Tandridge District Council, who will consult on it for approximately six weeks. It is important that you have a look at the document and give your views, even if it is simply to offer your support.
Then, the Plan will be examined by an Independent Examiner. After that, there will be a local referendum, which will be open to everyone registered to vote in the Neighbourhood Plan area. If we achieve a majority of 51% or more, the Plan will be ‘made’ and will form part of the Local Plan, and will carry weight in determining planning policies.
How do I view the plan?
We will be uploading the Plan and supporting documents in the next week, so please do check back.
The documents that you will be able to view are:
- The Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan – this contains the policies
- The local views that we wish to protect
- The Local Green Spaces that we wish to protect
- The Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan Design Guidelines
- The Consultation Statement – setting out how we have encouraged local people to get involved
Consultation Statement Appendices
Get in touch
If you would like more information or have any questions about the Neighbourhood Plan, please email: or write to Parish Clerk Salmons, Salmons Lane, Whyteleafe, Surrey CR3 0HB
Consultant planning inspector confirms that the Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documentation are "entirely fit for purpose" and added " it is consistent with national policy as contained in the NPPF July 2018. It takes account of the strategic policies contained in...
CATERHAM CHALDON WHYTELEAFE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN (CCWNP) PROGRESS REPORT AND PENDING ACTIONS - AS AT 10th DECEMBER 2018 Progress towards the completion of the final Neighbourhood Plan Further to my presentations on the CCWNP in September, when we reviewed our progress...
Response to the consultation on the Tandridge Local Plan for the Steering Group of the Caterham, Chaldon and Whyteleafe Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group
The CR3 Forum made this response to TDC Caterham Masterplan public consultation that closed on the 1st May 2017
The CR3 Forum made this response to TDC Local Plan public consultation that closed on the 30th December 2016.